University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)
- Associate Professor of Surgery in the Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies.
- Founder of the Patient Support Corps, a national service learning program based at UCSF, deploying student interns as health coaches.
- Director of Decision Services at the UCSF Breast Care Center. This program assists patients with reviewing information, listing questions, taking notes, and audio-recording consultations. Recognized by the US Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality as one of the first 100 Innovations in their Innovations Exchange. Winner of an innovation contest sponsored by the Mayo Clinic's Center for Innovation.
- Adjunct Associate Professor at The Dartmouth Institute.
- Mentor, Clinical Excellence Research Center, Stanford University