Dr. Belkora conducts research at UCSF and consults with other academic and community-based organizations.
UCSF Roles and Responsibilities
- Associate Professor of Surgery in the Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies.
- Director of Decision Services at the UCSF Breast Care Center. This program assists patients with reviewing information, listing questions, taking notes, and audio-recording consultations. It is a demonstration program of the Foundation for Informed Medical Decision Making, and was recognized by the US Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality as one of the first 100 Innovations in their Innovations Exchange. Winner of an innovation contest sponsored by the Mayo Clinic's Center for Innovation.
Other academic roles
- Adjunct Associate Professor at The Dartmouth Institute.
- Mentor, Clinical Excellence Research Center, Stanford University
- Consulting Investigator at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, working with the Research Institute and the Cancer Care Program.
- Consultant or adviser to resource centers and other community-based organizations including The Cancer Support Community, the Mendocino Cancer Resource Center, Breast Cancer Connections, the Humboldt Community Breast Health Project, and the Education Network to Advance Cancer Clinical Trials (ENACCT).
- Director of Evaluation and Decision Services for BreastCancerTrials.org, a nonprofit website that helps breast cancer patients learn about and find clinical trials that might be right for them. BreastCancerTrials.org is a project launched by the Center of Excellence for Breast Cancer Care, which has also incubated the ATHENA Breast Health Network.